Your car is one of your biggest investments. It takes you to different places that is why you have to know how to take care of it properly. Aside from the maintenance and car accessories that you can purchase for your car, one of the things that you should think of buying is a car alarm system. Because of today’s advancements in technology, there are already a bunch of car alarm systems that you will see in the market.
But how do you choose which one is the best for your car? And which brands will give you the best quality? If you want to know the answer to these questions, just keep reading!
- What Are The Best Car Alarm Systems Today?
- 1. VIPER 350 PLUS 3105V 1-WAY CAR ALARM KEYLESS ENTRY
- 2. AVITAL 3100LX 3 CHANNEL KEYLESS ENTRY CAR
- 3. Compustar CS7900-AS All-in-One 2-Way Remote Start and Alarm Bundle
- 4. X AUTOHAUX CAR KEYLESS ENTRY SECURITY ALARM SYSTEM
- 5. Viper 5305V 2 Way LCD Vehicle Car Alarm Keyless Entry
- 6. PRESTIGE APS997E 2-WAY LCD REMOTE START & CAR ALARM SYSTEM
- Which Car Alarm System Should You Choose?
- Final Thoughts
What Are The Best Car Alarm Systems Today?
When you search for a car alarm, you will find a long list of models and each of them has features that you might or might not need. It can be pretty stressful to look for a car alarm because of this. To make this task a little easier for you, here are some of the car alarms that deserve a spot in your short list.
Viper is a brand that has been in the car alarm industry for a long time now. This company produces good quality products that car owners benefit from. They are also known for selling items that have a good price tag. And for their Viper 350 Plus, this company didn’t disappoint their customers.
The Viper 350 is really easy to program and it comes with a manual that will help you set up the system in no time. You can either do it on your own or bring your car to a mechanic. Nevertheless, the manufacturer of this alarm system made sure that the manual will teach you where to plug the wires and how to program the system itself. If you are looking for a system that won’t give you a hard time when installing, then this one might just be the system for you.
This item also has a keyless entry feature with 4 buttons in the remote. If you want to give extra protection to your car, you can get additional features such as a remote starter and GPS tracking.
The Viper 350 has a FailSafe starter kill, a panic alarm and anti-carjacking feature, a siren, and a parking light alarm response. The status LED has a bright blue color that warns anyone who tries to steal your car. It has shock sensors that can be adjusted to reduce the instances of a false alarm. For an alarm system that offers a wide range of features, this item is one of the best priced out there.
- LED status light
- Panic alarm feature
- FailSafe Starter Kill
- GPS tracking and remote starter can be added to the system
- The alarm is not too sensitive so there will be less false alarms.
- Extremely great price for the quality that it offers.
- The system is not made for long range usage
Another great car alarm that you should consider is the Avital 3100LX. At first glance, the remote of this system is too simple. But it has a sturdy and straightforward design that you will love. Avital also offers a keyless entry system that is very convenient when you are in a hurry. You can open or lock your car even from a distance.
The LED status has a bright red color that warn-off thieves. The great thing about this system is that you can download the manual online. It gives clear instructions on how to install your alarm within a few moments.
The alarm system can also be hooked to your car’s own siren to make a louder sound when someone tries to break into your car. It also has a parking light flash and a failsafe starter kill feature which prevents thieves to start your car without the remote. Aside from the failsafe feature, the fob feature also makes sure that your car is protected because no one can enter your automobile without the wireless transmitter.
The Avital 3100LX is one of the alarm systems that are very affordable. But even with its low price tag, its advanced features will assure you that your automobile is well-protected.
- LED status indicator
- Easy to install
- It can be used together with your car siren to give a louder response in case of intrusion.
- Failsafe starter kill
- Works with most car models
- Good brand
- Remote start for pre-cooling or warming up your car
- No installation support from the manufacturer
The Compustar CS7900 will amaze you with its quality and design. It comes with a bunch of cool features that will allow you to use your car easier in any season.
Imagine this: You are running late in the office and you have to get in your car as fast as you could. Fumbling and looking for your keys can add extra time and can make you even more late when you get to work. The Compustar CS7900 allows you to unlock and lock your car without a delay. It will work even if you are 3000 feet away from your automobile!
What’s even more special about this system is that you can start your car using your remote as well. This feature comes really handy for when it is really hot outside and you want to cool your car’s interior while waiting outside. Warming up your car is also a lot faster and easier during the winter season because of Compustar.
If you think that’s everything that you need to know about this system, you are absolutely mistaken. Because it also has extra intelligent security sensors that can detect any impact made not only in your windows but also in your door, trunk, hood, and all around your car.
Because it is loaded with features, the remote that comes with the system is also extremely advanced. It has a small screen that tells you whether your system is doing exactly what you want it to do like starting your car. Aside from this, if anyone tries to open your car, the remote will alarm you about what is currently happening to your car.
Compustar really went all out with this car alarm system. Although this system is not in the same price range as the previous ones, it still proves that it’s worth buying because of the features that it is bringing to the table. And since it has a lot of advanced features, you might not be able to install it on your own especially if it’s your first time DIY-ing. It would be best to call a mechanic to take care of everything to avoid damaging the wires.
Overall, this car alarm is not just your ordinary alarm. So if you want to invest in something that will really upgrade your car’s alarm and locking system, then you should consider this product.
- 2-way remote for locking the doors and starting the engine.
- You will hear a sound that confirms your command.
- Security sensors all around your vehicle
- Remote start that works even through walls or doors.
- The alarm is very sensitive but it can be adjusted to prevent false alarms.
- The remote has a very stylish design
- It’s difficult to install.
- You need to turn off the engine after using the remote start feature before you can normally start and drive the car.
- It doesn’t fit some car models.
Whether you have a fancy car or not, your vehicle needs to have the security that it needs. As a car owner, your vehicle is important to you. Some people even invest a lot of money for car accessories, designs and upgrade. So even if you are on a budget, having a trustworthy car alarm system should be one of your priorities. Fortunately, companies like X Autohaux have alarm systems that are affordable and delivers great features at the same time.
The Autohaux car keyless entry security alarm system might look like your ordinary system, but it has a range of up to 984 ft. That’s something that you always get from products around the same price range. The remote has 4 controls that are for your locks and the alarms. At the same time, this system protects you from thieves with its warning identification feature.
Car owners who are on a budget but still want to have the features that can protect their car will love this product. If you are worried about the installation process, this system is easy enough for beginners, and it comes with a manual to allow you to do everything on your own.
- Great deal if you are on a budget.
- Simple enough to be installed on your own.
- Parking Warning feature
- 984 ft. range
- The remote looks sturdy and nice doesn’t look cheap at all.
- Doesn’t have any special features
Another high-quality alarm system from Viper is the 5305V. Compared to the Viper 350 Plus, the Viper 5305V model has more features. Aside from protecting your vehicle from thieves, this product also gives you the ability to unlock or lock your car door, and even start your engine!
The manufacturer claims that the remote will work for long range usage so that car owners can start their vehicle while they are still walking out of the grocery store, their home, office, or even anywhere. That’s a convenience that everyone wants to have when using their car. But what makes this system unique compared to all the other car alarm systems that were previously mentioned in this list?
Aside from being able to control your car using a remote with an LCD display, you will also be able to control it using your smartphone. One of the best things about Viper products is that they can provide you with items that really work perfectly together.
You can simply add the Viper SmartStart and GPS into your system and you’ll have a car that feels more modern and advanced. Using this combo, you will be able to get all the cool remote features in your smartphone. And yes, that includes starting your engine and the GPS tracking, just make sure that you have an internet connection in your phone when you want to use this feature.
- Reasonable Price
- Comes from a great brand
- Aside from the siren, you will be alarmed when there is an intrusion using the 2-way remote system.
- Provides a sound that will confirm that your command was recognized and carried out by the system.
- It can be used along with the Viper SmartStart And GPS
- Remote start feature allows you to warm up the engine without starting your car from the inside.
- The command works after a few seconds.
- A lot of car owners had trouble with the range.
- The size of the remotes is a little bulky.
- It’s difficult to install especially for beginners. The Viper team also doesn’t provide support for the installation. You might have to look for a professional who will help you with the installation.
- For some car models, you might need to pay extra costs for the installation to make it work properly.
More than the price tag, as a car owner, you should also be concerned about the quality of the car alarm system that you are putting in your vehicle. The Prestige APS997E is definitely one of the best ones in the market right now.
When it comes to protection, it gives your car a dual stage shock sensor and a car horn output that can make the alarm sound louder. At the same time, when someone tries to break into your car, you’ll be alerted by the system immediately. It’s almost impossible for thieves to steal your car without being detected by you or even people around your car.
Its remote has a 5-button design so that you can control the system even when you are far away from your car. Aside from this, a 2-way LCD command confirming transmitter comes with the whole package. It will allow you to lock or unlock your doors and start your engine. There’s really nothing more than you could ask for when you have this alarm system in your car!
- Limited lifetime warranty
- Remote start works almost instantly.
- You will hear a sound once your command was successfully transmitted to the system.
- The remotes are small and could easily fit in your pocket.
- It has a range of up to 2500 feet.
- Intrusion alert
- Car horn output
- The LED has seven functions (arming, disarm, arm, zone 1,2,3, and valet)
- The remote panic feature works in all modes
- There is a countdown timer that indicates how long your car will stay on using the remote start feature.
- There is also a parking meter countdown timer that you will see through your LCD transmitter.
- Cold temperature start mode
- It can be challenging to install the system on your own. You might want to ask a professional who knows how to work with this alarm system.
- If you are in an area that is full of houses and other cars, you might have to come closer to your vehicle for the remote start to work. However, there are cases where changing the batteries will work to solve this issue.
Which Car Alarm System Should You Choose?
There are a lot of car alarm systems in the market right now. You’ll find entry-level models as well as advanced systems. But how do you really choose a car alarm system? How do you know which one is the best car alarm system for your vehicle?
- Look for a system that has a reasonable price – Whether you are on a budget or not, you should still consider the price tag of the car alarm that you want to buy. If you go for the cheapest ones, you might get the cheapest quality as well. This means that your system might not even last you a year. However, a higher price tag doesn’t also mean that you are getting the best quality or material. Sometimes, there are products that are overpriced. You’ll know this when you see the features and compare it with similar products.
- Consider The Brand – The brand also matters. The best car alarm system is usually from a brand that has been in the industry for a long time now. A good brand consistently delivers great products. A well-established manufacturer also gives installation support for car owners who are having difficulty with their system.
- Look for reviews – Online reviews are also important when looking for an alarm system. If you are going to invest your money, might as well look for the best one right? But how do you know if a car alarm works as advertised or not?
Thankfully, there are online platforms like Amazon where you can read the reviews of people who actually bought the item that you are eyeing. Read the reviews and do as much research as you can. Don’t rely only on one site since some feedbacks are also fake or can be misleading. If you know someone who works in a car shop, you can also ask if he or she knows the kind of car alarm that you are planning to buy.
Finding the best car alarm system is possible when you know what you are looking for. If you want a product that is affordable but still has great quality and features, then the Avital 1-way security system might just be the best one for you. It has advanced features like “remote start” for a price that you will only mostly see in entry-level car alarm systems.
However, if you want a system that is packed with the all the best features and you don’t mind to shell out money for it, then the Prestige APS997E is really worth the price that you will pay.