For car hobbyists or professionals, taking care of their vehicles is not enough. Investing time and effort to keep the exterior of your looking its best is just the beginning of its upkeep. One of the hardest parts to keep clean is the tires.
While many people ten to overlook the wheels, cracked tires can throw off the best looking cars. Additionally, you do not want to spend hundreds of dollars on new tires every few months just to achieve that fresh new look.
Well, the answer to keeping your tires in its best shape is a care tire shine. It is definitely cheaper than getting new tires. Additionally, treating your tires with a shine solution will keep it in its best-looking form for a longer time.
- 10 Best Tire Shines
- 1. Chemical Guys TVD_107_16 V.R.P.
- 2. Meguiar’s G7516 Endurance Tire Gel
- 3. TriNova Tire Shine Spray
- 4. Aero Cosmetics Rubber Care
- 5. Car Guys Tire Shine Spray
- 6. Armor All 77960 Extreme Tire Shine Gel
- 7. DUB U1319 Tire Shine
- 8. Black Magic Tire Wet Foam
- 9. Griot’s Garage 11044 Long Lasting Tire Dressing
- 10. 303 Products (30382) UV Protectant for Tires
- Tire Shine Buying Guide
- Why Use a Tire Shine?
10 Best Tire Shines
There are hundreds of brands that will promise you the best results in the market. However, choosing the right one can be daunting, especially if you want to make the most out of your money.
We surveyed and tested many products in the market, and we list the top ten best tire shine products in this article. We also included a quick buying guide to help you on your next trip to the auto shop.
Chemical Guys is a famous brand name when it comes to auto products. Chemical Guys TVD_107_16 V.R.P. is one of the most versatile products out there. The formula works on many surfaces such as rubber (of course!), plastic, and vinyl. That means aside from bringing the best out of your tires, and you can also use it on other parts of your car.
The product brings a noticeable shine every time you apply it to your tires. It removes dust and dirt that quickly penetrates the car’s rubber surface. Additionally, it can bring back to life old internal trims made of vinyl or plastic. You can even use it on your dashboard. The solution comes with UV protection that protects your tires from everyday damage.
- Chemical Guys TVD_107_16 V.R.P. is a product that you can use on practically any part of your car from your tires to your dashboard.
- Its effective yet mild formula ensures that you get a fresh tire every time you apply it.
- The product aims to restore old and fading rims to give you the best looking car.
- Its UV protection qualities protect your car from any further damage from daily use.
- Some customers report that its effects wear off when the tires are exposed to rain.
Meguiar’s G7516 Endurance Tire Gel can be considered a bargain with its very affordable pricing. However, a low price does not mean cheap features. Applying the product results in premium quality tires that are very similar to more expensive items. It brings your tires as close to its original quality.
The advanced formula promises to last through rain and washing. Because it is not a spray, it ensures a clean and accurate application. It will not drip, run, or overspray on other parts of your car. The integrated polymers in the solution will protect your vehicle and bring a rich, shiny black texture.
- Meguiar’s G7516 Endurance Tire Gel is one of the most affordable items on this list.
- Applying the solution results in a rich, high-quality texture that will bring your tires back to life.
- The effects of the solution will not wash away when you are cleaning or when it is raining.
- The gel consistent ensures that it will not run, spill, or overspray.
- While the gel consistent is ideal for applying to specific parts of the car, some customers report that application is difficult sometimes.
TriNova Tire Shine Spray is a unique product that requires no wipe. That means it will reduce your cleaning time significantly. Additionally, the longer you leave the product on, the shinier your tires will be. For better results, it is highly recommended to wipe the product a little to remove some of the residues. The product will revive the quality of your tires by removing any noticeable fading from daily use.
Aside from removing signs of aging, it also adds a layer of protection from grime and dirt. That means it will prevent further damage from the elements. The product also allows you to achieve low shine, medium shine, to high shine. Just leave the product on longer to achieve the quality of gloss that you want to make.
- TriNova Tire Shine Spray is a unique product that allows you to achieve your desired level of shine and gloss on your tires
- The product allows you to achieve different levels of gloss by leaving the product for varying amounts of time
- It adds a layer of protection to reduce any further damage and fading.
- Customers report that there were instances that they needed to reapply the solution to achieve the shine that they desired.
Some car owners are not a fan of the “wet” look. Instead, they prefer the matte texture that looks better in some types of cars. Initially made for aircraft, the product also results in fantastic Satin feel when applied to car tires. It feels dry, and it will not attract any dirt or grime. The rubber will stay looking fresh much longer. Also, it is easier to clean just after the application of the formula.
It was specially formulated to treat aircraft-grade rubber that is exposed to constant damage. It restores rubber and plastic surfaces to ensure long-lasting tires. In fact, it follows the Boeing Aircraft Specification D6 17487T. That means you will be using a product that underwent the highest quality check.
- Aero Cosmetics Rubber Care is a premium quality rubber care product that was formulated for high-performance aircraft parts.
- The product application results in a matte and Satin feel, which creates a luxurious look and feel to car tires.
- It adds a layer of protection that prevents any build-up of grime and dirt.
- Some customers did not like the dull matte effect of the solution.
Car Guys is a well-known brand that produces high-quality formulations that are ideal for car maintenance. Car Guys Tire Shine Spray was crafted with newly patented polymer-technology that will surely bring a professional look and feel to your tires. The product package also comes with an application mitt, so you will not have to buy an extra one just for your tires.
The product is a non-sling shine product. That means it dries relatively quickly compared to the other formulations in this list. Additionally, it creates an excellent bond to the surface of the tires that ensure a long-lasting shine. The product will not be “slung” to the side panels, so you enjoy the benefits for a long time.
- Car Guys Tire Shine Spray is a premium quality tire shine that is perfect for long-lasting gloss.
- It integrates a newly patented polymer-technology that produces professional-grade shine.
- The product already includes a non-abrasive application mitt, so you have a dedicated one just for your tires
- The “non-sling” formulation forms a strong bond with the surface of the rubber, so it stays in place even when your car is in use.
- The product needs a bit more time to dry compared to the other products on this list.
- When the solution is not adequately dried off, it will fling on other parts of your car when it is running.
Armor All 77960 Extreme Tire Shine Gel is another great product if you are conscious about your budget. Many users claim that the product produces the same results as the premium items on this list. While other car enthusiasts opt for a gleaming finish, the formulation provides a more subdued gloss that will not steal focus from the other parts of your car.
The subtle effect makes it look more natural than the highly artificial feel of some of the more expensive products. For such an affordable product, it’s benefits can surprisingly survive the wear and tear of daily use. Its rich consistency results in a durable coating that can last for weeks. Because it is a gel, there is no overspray and no wasting of products.
- Armor All 77960 Extreme Tire Shine Gel is an affordable option if you are not keen on spending a lot on your tire shine.
- While it is on the low end of the price range, its benefits surpass its price point.
- It is perfect for those who want a more natural, subdued gloss over the artificial shine that most premium shine products produce.
- Some customers find the gel consistency a bit difficult to apply.
If Armor All is targeted towards those who want a subtle shine, then DUB U1319 Tire Shine is perfect for people who want a noticeable gloss. The solution results in tires with a stunning look. This can comes in an innovative reversible nozzle that makes it easy to apply to the product on your tires. One nozzle has a wide spray for bigger areas, while the other is a direct, narrow jet of the solution for a more targeted application.
The solution comes in a pleasant citrus aroma that will not affect your breathing. After application, DUB U1319 Tire Shine dries clean without oily residue. Its high gloss finish is definitely noticeable, which is perfect if you are looking for a flashy look. While it does last as long as the other products, it is definitely a premium feel.
- DUB U1319 Tire Shine is ideal for a flashier, more striking look to pair with bold colors or dynamic vinyl applications.
- The formulation results in a high gloss finish that dries up clean right after application.
- Its canister comes in two types of nozzles so you can use it for any part of your car.
- Some customers are not happy that the gloss did not last a long as the other products.
- You will need to apply a second or third layer to achieve a very noticeable sheen.
Black Magic Tire Wet Foam is an all-in-one solution that cleans, shines, and protects your tires at the same time. The unique foam solution clings right away to the tire surface. Also, it absorbs dirt without damaging any part of your car. After wiping off the solution, it will leave a wet gloss sheen. When talking about bang for your buck, this product is a perfect choice for your car.
The application of the product is as easy as spraying it on the surface. Leave the product for at least 10 minutes to allow it to absorb and melt any deep-seated grime and dirt. However, it is highly recommended that you remove any debris first to enjoy the full effect. It is also a water-based mixture that reduces its impact on your skin and the environment.
- Black Magic Tire Wet Foam is an efficient product that can clean, shine, and protect your tires from harmful dirt.
- The solution can be applied to dry or wet tires without affecting its results.
- The product lasts for more than two weeks after the application.
- The glossy finish is noticeable as the formula does not leave any powdery streaks.
- Its sheen and glossy finish does not last long in some types of tires.
Griot’s Garage is another trusted brand that consistently produces high-quality maintenance and cleaning products. Griot’s Garage 11044 Long Lasting Tire Dressing is a product of their team’s years of research and testing. It is finally available to you! The glossy finish protects the tires from exposure to the elements and dust. With its protective layer, the dust and dirt just slide off the surface of the tires.
The formula was crafted to be versatile. If you want a subtle finish, then use a single application. If you prefer a more noticeable high gloss, apply a second layer to enhance the first one. The solution results in a rich black texture that will highlight your car in the best way possible. The satin sheen ensures that your tires are always looking fresh.
- Griot’s Garage 11044 Long Lasting Tire Dressing is a flexible product that allows you to achieve a wide range of sheen without having to buy another solution
- The subtle gloss results in a luxurious feel while the high gloss is noticeable.
- It adds a protective layer that will prevent more build-up of dirt, grime, or debris
- The product is slight on the higher end of the price point as it only comes in a 16-ounce canister. Additionally, its thick consistency means you may use a bit more every time you clean your tires
303 Products (30382) UV Protectant for Tires was initially formulated to protect tires from harmful UV rays. It absorbs the harsh effects of light that cause fading and long-term damage. You will achieve a sheen finish with just a thin layer of an application. Additionally, it produces a rich, matte look that is perfect if you prefer a more subtle and natural glow than the high glow that other products create,
The product is versatile enough for various materials such as rubber (of course!) fiberglass, plastic, vinyl, PVC, and more. Additionally, it will not damage any part of your car if you apply it directly. In fact, you can use it for the interior of your vehicle as well. However, it is essential to note that you cannot apply it on canvas, unfinished leather, and flooring.
- 303 Products (30382) UV Protectant for Tires was developed with UV protection in mind.
- The quality of the finish looks and feels premium with its subtle sheen and vibrant finish.
- The solution does not leave any greasy or oily residue.
- It is also formulated with a water-based protectant that is not harsh to any part of your car.
- Because of its water-based nature, it only lasts for about a week during rainy seasons.
Tire Shine Buying Guide
Tire shine products come in different formulations and mixtures. That is why it is essential to know the products first before you purchase it. Some products are quite expensive, so you have to make sure that you are getting the value of your money.
The first step to knowing which tire shine brand to support is to understand how these products work and their components. Here are a few things that you may want to consider before buying your next car cleaning product.
Why Use a Tire Shine?
Aesthetics is an integral part of your vehicle, especially if you take a lot of effort into maintaining its interiors and engine. While tires might not be the first part that anyone will see, beat up, and faded wheels will ruin a well-maintained exterior.
Additionally, the tires take a beating every single day that you use your car. That means it is crucial to make every single step to protect one of the most critical parts of your vehicle.
First, you need a quick look at the types of tire shine products and the advantages of each one.
A Quick Introduction to Tire Shines
Each product and brand is unique in composition and mixture. Various polymers and chemicals are used to create the perfect blend of tire shine solution that will remove any hard grime and dirt while making sure not to damage the rubber surface itself.
Most tire shines solutions can be categorized into two:
- Water-based solutions – These products are usually made of natural oils and polymers engineered to suspend in a water base. Due to its organic sources, this type of car shine is typically milder to the rubber surface. It will not introduce any abrasions or damages when applied. Compared to other mixtures, water-based formulas produce a subtle and subdued sheen. Additionally, they do not bind as well as synthetic blends. Hence, you may need to apply the product more often.
- Solvent-based formulas – Much similar to water-based solutions, solvent-based formulas often have identical active ingredients. However, instead of water, polymers and chemicals are suspended in solvents. This type of tire shine is often more abrasive to the tires. But, it would take several heavy applications for you to notice any damages. Additionally, formulas of this classification produce stronger shine and a more noticeable sheen.
Aside from the base component, various tire shines also come in different forms:
- Spray – Brands with spray type solutions are usually more expensive. One advantage of using such a cleaning solution is its ease of application. However, you may need to wipe the excess liquid from the application to avoid the “sling” effect. Your car’s bodywork may sustain damage from the product thrown off from the tire.
- Gel – Most affordable tire shine products come in gel forms. Compared to the spray varieties, it may take more time to apply this type as you will need to be more hands-on. However, it does provide you with more control while minimizing overspray.
Consider These Things For Your Next Tire Shine
Now that you are familiar with the common forms and basic components of various car tire cleaners, then you need to keep in mind the following tips:
- Finish type – One primary purpose of tire shine products is to provide sheen and gloss that would complement the overall look of your car. There are various degrees of shine, depending on the formulation and application. Additionally, the amount of product and the length of time it is left on the surface affects the finish of the tires.
- Restoration quality – Most tire shine solutions come with restorative components. You may not be looking for a shiny tire, but having a fresh look will elevate your tires from its old, faded appearance. Moreover, it will help the tires last longer by restoring some flexibility on the rubber surface. You may want to choose products that produce a matte or satin feel as these are more subtle.
- Method of application – This will depend on how much time you have in your cleaning process. Just as mentioned above, spray varieties are relatively easy to apply, especially in more prominent areas. However, it is harder to control than the gel-type tire shines. On the other hand, the latter will take more effort to apply.
- UV Protection – Some of the items on this list were created as a protection from the sun. Daily exposure to harsh sunlight can lead to cracking and fading, especially on rubber. Having that added protection on your wheels means you can extend their life, which will save you a lot of money.
Choosing the best tire cleaner will depend on your budget, the look that you want to achieve, and the extra benefits that will benefit your car. Making sure that you know what you are buying will save you any issues later on.
Tires are some of the most hardworking parts of your car. Aside from the engine, tires are exposed to extreme heat, friction, elements, and other factors that can fast track its deterioration. Aside from aesthetics, getting your tires cleaned will allow you to save money from replacing them.
From the line of products that we tested, we think that Car Guys Tire Shine Spray balances price and features. Its “non-sling” formula is something that we cannot ignore. It takes away the worry of finding the product over the side panels that may damage its surface. The solution is an ideal post car wash tire cleaner.